Tagaytay City is located in the province of Cavite, and just close to the Capital city of Manila which is just 59 kilometeres away from it. Estimated travel time from Manila to Tagaytay is only 2 hours. Tagaytay is a popular travel destinations for the whole families, tourist as well as returning OFW due to its beautiful scenery and cooler climate.
As of 2015 census it has an estimated population of 72,000 people Tagaytay total land area is composed of 66.1 km and about 4.5% of the total area of Province of Cavite
The city is relatively cooler during the months of December, January and February, and has two pronounce seasons: dry season which is from November to April and wet Seasons during the rest of the year. The cool climate has made Tagaytay city ideal picnics, conferences, spiritual retreats an honeymoons.
How to get to Tagaytay.
Tagaytay City can be reached by a bus ride, Taxi ride or a car ride. The bus ride will have a 2 hours estimated travel time from Manila to Tagaytay while the taxi and car will have at least one hour and half travel time.
Top Place to Visit in Tagaytay
1. Our Lady of Manaoag at Tierra de Maria
Is a small chapel located infront of DAP complex and besides the Picnic Groove. You can’t miss this place as this is just along the highway. Is is a small chapel with a 50ft image of Our Lady of Manaoag at its exterior in the Chapel. Inside its Chapel is the various images of Virgin Mary, Mother of Perpetual Help , Lourdes and Guadalupe. The place is quite and solemn and people visit here to pray for some important intentions of life.
2. Taal Volcano and Lake
The known smallest active volcano in the world and the Tagaytay City’s pride . It nestled at the mountainous part of Batangas. Taal Volcano is an active volcano in the Taal Lake freshwater, with a size of 243-sq km. It is the home to the world’s only freshwater sardine, the tawilis. Taal Volcano and Lake is one of the most picturesque and attractive views in the Philippines, just a 2 hours ride from Manila and about 50 kilometers from it. The taal volcano has a lake in its main crater with a size of 1.9 Kilometer
3. Picnic Grove
Is one of the popular Tagaygay must visit tourist spot. Its is a recreational Park with a 500 meters long Walking area. It is surrounded with built in cottages, in a greenish and hilly surrounding. As the word Picnic means a perfect getaway for families picnics, bonding and gatherings.
This park is open to the public with a minimal entrance fee per person and have assorted tables, and picnic huts to be rented. You can just sit there to unwind if you want, but better explore the whole place to experience memorable memories.
Picnic Groves offers the best place to view the gorgeous view of Taal volcano and Lake Taal.
Also the Peoples Park in the Sky can be viewed from here.
Aside from viewing the Taal Volcano, Picnic Grove also cater other activities like Zip line, horse back riding, Cable Car, and souvenir shops. Picnic Grove offers a variety of recreations activities especially for the family.
4. Sky Ranch
Tagaytay’s fashioned amusement park. Its is established last March 2013 and located near the Nasugbu highway and beside Taal Vista Hotel and just in front of Tagaytay City Hall. There are so many rides available for kids and Adults.
Their main attraction is their Ferris Wheel named Sky Eye the tallest Ferris wheel in the Philippines. It is a 63 meters tall and has 32 air-conditioned cubicles that can occupy 4 persons each cubicle. It is a 10 minutes ride and when you are at the top you can view the whole Taal Lake.
Some of the rides cater by the Sky Ranch (Prices subject to change withour prior Notice)
Wonder Flight (P50/head).
Red Baron (P50/head).
Mini Viking Ship (P50/head,).
Express Train (P50/head,).
The Super Viking (P100/head.)
Nessi Coaster (P50/head).
Drop Tower (P100/head.)
Safari Splash (P80/head, including the babies
Play Zone (P150/head, including the babies
Sky Cruiser (P100/head.)
Horse Back Riding (P250/30 minutes per person).
5. Peoples Park in the Sky
Simply called People’s Park originally named as Palace in the Sky. It is located in the mount Sungay also known as mount Gonzales, the highest point of the province of Cavite . It has an unfinished mansion structure known as the Palace in the Sky that was built under the Marcos Time. Peoples Park in the sky is government owned park.
Inside the Park can be found the Shrine of our Lady, Mother in Fair Love that was built in 1974. The shrine was installed in 1974 with the installation of the Image of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Child Jesus.
As you enter the Park you will be welcomed by a cool breeze of windy Air. As you are in the top of the mountain, you can have the beautiful panoramic view of Tagaytay city as well as the Taal Volcano crater.
The hilltop spaces is adorned with gazebos, bench, cottages, strange life-size pineapple, wooden footbridges and souvenir shops.
The amazing part is the high altitude makes some chilly weather that makes us feel we in outside the Philippines
6. Museo Orlina – is a small museum which houses the Art collections of Ramon Orlina an architect turned sculptor. The Museum has four level and a rooftop deck which offers an amazing view the azure lake taal.
Stay In – while in Tagaytay City
For a best accommodation please check the following website:
Or if you may use this accommodation while in Tagaytay City.
- Anya Resort – Price starts @ P 6,599
- The lake Hotel Tagaytay Price starts @ P 5,750
- Crosswind Resort Suite Price starts @ P 5,750
- Twin Lakes Hotel Price starts @ P 5,777
- Taal Vista Hotel – Price starts @ P 4,562.00
- Lee Boutique Hotel – Price starts @ P3,974
- Belize Tagaytay Price starts @ P3,689
- One Tagaytay Place Price starts @ P 3,770
- Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and SPA Price starts @ P 3,659
- Days Hotel Tagaytay Price starts @ P 3,527.00
- Joaquins Bed and Breakfast Price starts @ 3,213.00
- Vista Real Hotel- Price starts @ P 3,399
For a budget Friendly accommodation traveler you may use this for your room accommodation.
- Summit Ridge Hotel Price starts @ P 3,483
- Balai Isabel Hotel – Price starts @ P 2,907
- Twin Pine Suites- Price starts @ 2,869
- Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay Price start @ P2,784.00
- Vew Park Hotel – Price starts @ P 2,405
- Hotel Aroha – Price starts @ P 2,121.00
- Destination Hotel Tagaytay Price starts @ P 2,108
- Balay Santorini Price starts @ 2,000.00
- Quest Hotel Tagaytay Price starts @ 2,000.00
- Berrie Suites Hotel Price starts @ 1,876
- Tagaytay Prime Residences Apartment Price starts @ P 1,425
- Tagaytay Wingate Manor – Price starts @ P 1,268
You are Here!!!
For more updates and information visit us on www.facebook.com/2gocheaptravel