Baguio City is situated in the Benguet Province and estimated to be 250 kilometers from Manila. It is bounded on the North by the town of La Union, in the South and West bounded by Tuba and it’s East boundary is by Itogon,
Baguio City is located above sea level of 1,470 meters and nestled with the mountainous part of Cordillera Central. It has total of area of 57.5 square kilometres
Baguio City’s population as of May 2015 reached at 345,366 persons.
Baguio City is known as the Summer Capital of the Philippines, for its cool climate almost throughout the year.
Baguio City’s main attraction is its natural bounties of pine forests, parks and garden, panoramic and awesome views, wide open scapes, and most of all its cool climate throughout the year round.
Baguio is a favorite destination for vacation in the Philippines. Filipinos, Balikbayans and other nationalities, goes to Baguio to experience what they called Little America. Baguio City is one of the tourist spots of the Philippines. Aside as a tourist spot, Baguio City is also considered as a best host for any convention to be held.
Good time to visit Baguio is anytime with its throughout the year cool climate makes Baguio a year round favorite vacation destination.
Baguio’s climate is always 8 degrees cooler compare to any place in the lowlands. Its average temperature is between 15 to 23 Celsius and with the lowest temperature between the month of November to February.
June to October of the year is wet in Baguio as this is the rainy season in the Philippines. It will rain heavily on this period. Baguio will be foggy and dump during this season.
November to May Baguio will be the tropical Paradise of the Philippines. Wild sunflowers will start to appear on the hillside, signaling the end of the rainy season.
On Christmas season, it glows with a nippy wintry air. Outfits for this season are the coats, hats and scarves. Casual outfits should be worn with jackets and sweater with hats, especially during the evenings.
Air travel is available through its airport at Loakan Barangay. Manila to Baguio is just a 45 minute trip to its airport.The Loakan airport is just 5 kilometers from the city proper. There are Taxi cabs available outside the terminal of the airport.
The city is accessible through three (3) national roads namely: Quirino Highway (Naguilian Road), Kennon Road and Marcos Highway.
The most popular way to get to Baguio city is by traveling by Bus. There is a Manila to Baguio air conditioned bus that is available in every hour of the day.
Luxury Bus trip with a non stop bus travel to Baguio City is available. Travel time is only 4 to 5 hours with bus fare of P700 per way. This is served by Victory liner and Genesis (Joy Bus). The said Bus Liner offers comfortability ride to Baguio as they will offer wifi, blanket and drink and snacks during your trip. With Stop Buses from Manila to Baguio is also available. These bus trips usually take 6 to 7 hours of traveling, with bus ticket cost of P450 per persons per way. This bus will pick up passengers along the way as long as there is still available seat that can be seated. This bus has two schedule main stops intended for meals and necessities.
Things to do while in Baguio City.
- Burnham Park
- Mt. Pulag National Park
- Philippine Military Academy
- Good Shepherd Convent
- Diplomat Hotel
- Mines View Park
- Tam-Awan Village
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto
- Baguio City Market
- Baguio Botanical Garden
- Pink Sister’s Convent and Chapel
- Bell Church
- Bell House – Camp John Hay
- Asin Hot Springs
- SM City Baguio
- Emilio F. Aginaldo Museum
- Baguio Museum
- Riverview Water Park
- Dinosaurs Island Baguio
Stay In – while in Baguio City
For a best accommodation please check the following website:
Or if you may use this accommodation while in Baguio City.
Best Accomodations in Baguio City
- The Manor at Camp Hay Price start @ P5,500
- Holiday Inn Baguio city Centre – Price starts @ P 3,590
- The Forest Lodge at Camp John Hay Price starts @ P 3,312
- Le Monet Hotel – Price starts @ P3,236
- Ridgewood Hotel Price starts @ P 3,100
- Albergo Hotel Price starts @ P 3,097.00
- Baguio Burnham Suites Hotel Price starts @ 3,054.00
- Azalea Hotels and Residences Baguio – Price starts @ P 2,893
- Paragon Hotel & Suites- Price starts @ P 2,679
- Bristle Ridge (DMCI) Price starts @ P 2,475
- Hotel Elizabeth Baguio Price starts @ P 2,473
- Prestige Vacation Apartments – Price starts @ P 2,443
For a budget Friendly accommodation traveler you may use this for your room accommodation:
- Travelite Express Hotel Price starts @ 1,178
- NYC Manhattan Suites – Price starts @ P 1,189
- Hotel supreme – Price starts @ P 1,320
- Mountain Lodge Hotel and Restaurant – Price starts @ P 1,466
- Hotel Caterina Price starts @ 1,495
- Hotel Veniz Sesion Price starts @ P1,500
- 456 Hotel – Price starts @ P 1,515
- Venus Parkview Hotel – Price starts @ 1,797
- Baguio Holiday Villas. Price starts @ P 1,858
- The Orchard Hotel Baguio – Price starts @ P 1.910
- Cedar Peak Condominium Price Starts @ P 2434
- Microtel by Wyndham Baguio – Price starts @ P 2,241
You are Here!!!!
For more updates and information visit us on www.facebook.com/2gocheaptravel